You’ve probably heard of Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale — who likely needs no introduction at this point — but the Texas furniture industry titan has another massive wager on the Houston Astros to win the 2023 World Series.
After McIngvale won $75 million on his World Series bets on the Astros last year, “Mattress Mack” is back with a $1 million wager on Houston to win it all again at +1100 odds.
Mack Caesar is back for the MLB Postseason!@MattressMack placed $1M on the Astros to win the World Series at +1100 last week ????
Potential win: $11M ???? pic.twitter.com/ZSO8F1DX3H
— Caesars Sportsbook & Casino (@CaesarsSports) October 5, 2023
His winnings at Caesars would “only” total $11 million this time around, but McIngvale’s already assured a victory in promotional value for Gallery Furniture even if the Astros come up short. The Houston-based superstore will refund mattress purchases of $3,000 or more if the Astros capture back-to-back World Series titles.
McInvgale reportedly has other bets on the Astros that would boost his payout at the proverbial betting window and substantially. In the end, though, as long as folks are buying mattresses in droves as they have in the past, “Mattress Mack” wins.
Mattress Mack’s biggest sports bets and recent results
Let’s take a look at some of McIngvale’s biggest bets and outcomes, starting with his winning haul on the Astros last year.
- McIngvale reportedly wagered $10 million across several bets on the Astros to win the 2022 World Series to collect the $75 million payout.
- His reported $1 million bet on Houston to win this past season’s NCAA national championship in men’s basketball didn’t pan out at +1000 odds.
- Big Mack’s $2 million bet on the Cowboys to beat the 49ers in the divisional round of last year’s NFL Playoffs also failed to cash with San Francisco beating Dallas, 19-12.
- Not long after Houston’s World Series win, McIngvale plunked $3 million down on TCU to defeat Georgia in the 2023 CFP national championship game. He came up just a bit short after the Bulldogs squeaked by the Horned Frogs, 65-7.
- McIngvale bet a reported $9.5 million on the Bengals to take down the Rams in Super Bowl 56 and suffered another “L.” Final score: L.A. 23, Cincy 20.
Bet at Caesars Sportsbook like ‘Mattress Mack’
You’ll notice we were careful not say bet millions like “Mattress Mack” at Caesars Sportsbook, which has taken a lot of his action in recent years. But Caesars Sportsbook is a great option for recreational sports bettors, too.
Use our Caesars Sportsbook promo code NEWS1000 to score $1,000 in bonus bets. You can claim the bonus by clicking the “Claim Promo” button below and signing up as a new user at Caesars Sportsbook today.
The promotion is simple: make your first bet at Caesars Sportsbook, and if it doesn’t win, they’ll credit your account in bonus bets in the amount of the original wager, up to $1,000.
21+ in most states. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER